Friday, April 15, 2022

Eternals (2021)

Hamish Patel deserved his own character poster.




It's fine, I guess? This is a corner of Marvel that I'm pretty unfamiliar with and it reminded me of why I never finished the Neil Gaiman version of them from some years back; I just don't particularly care about these characters (no shade on the actors, who are doing their best here). And my wife was absolutely correct, casting both Richard Madden and Kit Harrington is a mistake because they look just enough like each other that it's a problem. Good when they're playing brothers, bad in a situation like this.

One thing I did heartily enjoy? Kumail Nanjiani as a Bollywood actor because her's an Eternal who got bored and decided, "Why shouldn't I be a succession of Bollywood stars? He and his assistant (a fabulous Harish Patel) are easily the highlight of the movie.

★★ 1/2


2021 - Written by ChloĆ© Zhao, Patrick Burleigh, Ryan Firpo and Mathew K. Firpo.  Directed by ChloĆ© Zhao.

No comments:

Post a Comment